"Our Island" project aims to enable islanders to get involved with creative activities over a winter lockdown with the overall theme of exploring what it means to live on Gigha and to connect with the heritage of the island. The project aims to capture our voices, stories, and heritage through different creative forms.
- Film makers have been commissioned to help us produce a film of the island which will be available to everyone on Gigha.
- Old photographs are being digitised to help create a lasting legacy and a potential book in the future.
- A writing group meet on a Monday night over Zoom.
- Interviews with islanders will take place to capture their story.
- Lino cutting kits have been issued to residents to enable them to get creative at home and learn new skills.
- We plan to engage with the Gaelic heritage of the island and share the Gaelic place names and the stories behind these.
- We will produce a new Gaelic song for Gigha.
- Storytelling workshops with the Gigha Primary School are taking place to allow them to create a digital animation output.
- A crafted story blanket will be made by residents.
More opportunities to get involved will emerge, so please keep an eye on the Our Island Facebook and the noticeboard at the Gigha shop. Ellie Logan is leading this project and can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have some photos which you could share (old or new) that would be brilliant. Hard copies will be treated with care and returned promptly and safely.
This project is being funded by Inspiring Scotland's Creative Communities programme
Please contact the Isle of Gigha Heritage Trust by email using the form below.
Any information disclosed to the Isle of Gigha Heritage Trust via this contact form will not be passed on to any third parties.
All information is handled in full compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
Please check the website for specific contact details for other businesses on the island.
Please do not use this form for accommodation enquiries. Please refer to the Accommodation section for contact details of all accommodation providers.